AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Adding additional plugin parameters in the deadline monitor

Hello,

Not sure if i have asked this already,
Why does the Deadline Monitor > Job properties not allow you to add Valid plugin attributes, but via the standalone api you can? (also the trick with adding the parameters to the dlinit file as a default).

Both of these option seem valid and allow the job to pickup the changes and display correctly in the settings panel.

Is there a reason why we cant just right click add additional parameters?

Cheers
Kym

Just so I have my dev issue straight: You’re looking to add some Python to add new properties to the plugin info file? Can you flesh out the use case a little more?

I had a user today ask how to change the GPU affinity for a plugin and that would require API-level access to change the values in the plugin info file.

Hey Edwin,

Sorry been working on non deadline stuff for a bit.
I ended up writing my own workaround for what i needed to do, see attached.
add_attr_to_job.7z (1.7 KB)

Its a job script, that checks the .options file for all the params , Uses the default or best guess, depending on the type.
It could be so much better, but that will be a version 2.

The other idea, that might be simpler on your side, in stead of doing all the python to add the parameters to the plugninfo, would be to toggle the .options file for the plugin, if i remember correctly, setting the parameter’s “DisableIfBlank”, to false, makes it show up in the plugin settings panel.

Updating the options file seems to be the quickest way to get the attribute to show in the panel, editing the job’s data like im doing via the rest api, requires an extra button press to refresh the monitors data. other wise the new parameter doesn’t show up.

let me know if this is enough info or you want some other use cases.

Cheers
Kym

Ooooh. I follow now. I think you’re right that dynamically loading would take less effort but it doesn’t feel quite right at the moment. I think the job script you created fits better for now, especially because this can work without users having access to change the job itself.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences