AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Alembic Maya camera "does not exist"

I’ve been working on a submitter for Maya and Nuke, and I’ve come across an issue that I’ve spent all day trying to get to the bottom of (I thought my submitter was broken, but the error did end up appearing on Deadline’s one too). It will occasionally output the following error:

STDOUT: Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2017/scripts/others/makeCameraRenderable.mel line 34: Camera <camera> does not exist.

After a lot of testing it turns out it is because is referenced from an alembic file. Is this a known issue or is there a way around it? We’re currently using Deadline 9 btw.

Edit: Turns out it was because the user plugin location wasn’t set in the environment variables, so the pipeline wasn’t able to load correctly

Oh. Well then! Thanks for letting us know. You’re now the authority on the issue. :smiley:

Haha, I would have deleted the thread if I was able to, it turned out to be a lot more specific than I was expecting.

I’m new to Deadline so not sure if this is standard behaviour, but where I’m at has it running off a specific user profile so it can run on workstations in the background (I think). One of the environment variables was automatically sent across as something similar to “C:/Users/Peter/Documents/Maya/Plugins”, where it had to be changed to “@USERNAME@/Documents/Maya/Plugins” in order for things to load.

The weird part is that it was working half the time on some files, had no issue on some, and was completely unable to render others.

1 Like
Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences