AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

AMI for blender2.8 worker node

Hello! I am trying to build render farm for blender 2.8. Because there is no worker AMI for blender so I need to build custom AMI.

I read manual of creating customer AMI with base deadline worker AMI(Amazon Machine Image Customization — Deadline 10.1.15.2 documentation). but i am not sure what to install in AMI.

My question is

• What to install in AMI for blender rendering job? Just install blneder 2.8? or Do i have to configure something else?
  • After I install some rendering sw of blender, Do i have to do something for deadline client could retreive submitted job and do rendering with blender sw which i installed in AMI?

Please help me!

Hello!

Think of the AMI just like you’d set up any other render node. So if rendering with Blender only needs Blender 2.8 to be installed then you’ll be done.

You won’t need to do anything else to the Deadline client, as that’s already done.

Justin! Thank you for the kind answer!

Then worker node which is installed blender 2.8 with deadline based AMI could get blender rendering tasks from queue. Right? That’s cool!

Then if I want to make custom AMI for other rendering sw(not blender) then could I make it by simply installing in deadline base AMI?

In a general sense, yep it’ll be that easy! There’s always room for software-specific quirks but it shouldn’t be too bad. Just be sure the Deadline version on the AMI (included in the AMI name) matches the Deadline version you’re running.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences