AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

An error occured while synchronizing the job´s auxiliary files: unable to locate the following auxiliary files

hi,
on my machine i have a problem with 3dsmax-jobs submitted over deadline.
the same job submitted on my colleagues machine renders on the whole farm without problems.
if i submit the same job out of 3dsmax from my machine , i get the message that the job is submitted successfully, the job is also correctly written in the deadline repo/jobs folder, but from all the renderfarm i get this error “an error occured while synchronizing the job´s auxiliary files: unable to locate the following auxiliary files”.
only my machine can render the job with deadline slave.

so where is the problem?

thanks for help
tomes

some show this:
An error occurred while synchronizing the job’s auxiliary files: Unable to locate the following auxiliary file(s):
xxx.max (System.IO.FileNotFoundException)

Loading Job’s Plugin timeout is Disabled
2019-12-04 11:36:11: 0: Executing plugin command of type ‘Sync Files for Job’
2019-12-04 11:36:11: 0: Encountered an error while executing plugin command of type ‘Sync Files for Job’
2019-12-04 11:36:11: 0: Unbehandelte Ausnahme: System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
2019-12-04 11:36:11: 0: bei Deadline.Plugins.PluginWrapper.CancelTask()
2019-12-04 11:36:11: 0: bei Deadline.Slaves.CommandListener.e(String acm)
2019-12-04 11:36:11: 0: bei Deadline.Slaves.CommandListener.d(Object acl)
2019-12-04 11:36:11: 0: bei Deadline.Slaves.CommandListener.b(DeadlineMessage acj, Exception ack)
2019-12-04 11:36:11: 0: bei Deadline.Net.DeadlineMessageUtils.a.a(IAsyncResult azw)
2019-12-04 11:36:11: 0: bei System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.Complete(IntPtr userToken)
2019-12-04 11:36:11: 0: bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
2019-12-04 11:36:11: 0: bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
2019-12-04 11:36:11: 0: bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
2019-12-04 11:36:11: 0: bei System.Net.ContextAwareResult.Complete(IntPtr userToken)
2019-12-04 11:36:11: 0: bei System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.ProtectedInvokeCallback(Object result, IntPtr userToken)
2019-12-04 11:36:11: 0: bei System.Net.Sockets.BaseOverlappedAsyncResult.CompletionPortCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* nativeOverlapped)
2019-12-04 11:36:11: 0: bei System.Threading._IOCompletionCallback.PerformIOCompletionCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* pOVERLAP)

some show this (…but they show this also on a job they are rendering…) :
Error: Could not find report log: \CAESAR\Library\35_DeadlineRepository\reports\jobs\70\2\5de7846f9e644d7e60c43702\5de78b4a13b0f10d04fea59d.bz2

hi, i looked at the properties of both files on deadline repo/jobs/folder.

they are quite different. look at the picture.
i think that is the problem. how can that be like this?

the file that is not rendering has also no security tab.

any idea?

thanks !
tomes

deadline_properties|690x492

so, one more fact… this folder and this job is (with windows explorer) only seen from my computer…other computers dont see them. at the other computers, with deadline monitor i can see the job but with their explorer i dont see the folder and job inside.

so what goes wrong at deadline submission of the job. deadline says “sucessfully” submitted

thanks for help!
tomes

hello thinkbox, are you on holiday ?

any help would be great.

Hi Tomes

I am sorry for late reply here. Can attach full error stack? Also Can you translate the second last line of the picture. What does it say? I think it is different user.

One last question, Are you submitting scene file with the job?

hello zainali ,
thanks for feedback.

this is the whole log.

submitted out of 3dsmax 2019.3 “submit max to deadline”

on the left it is a network-domain-path and next to it the submitting user (user is marked red) , on the right there is marked offline… in the brackets: (synchronsation is neccessary)

the first notifications on the error stack are:

Error

An error occurred while synchronizing the job’s auxiliary files: Unable to locate the following auxiliary file(s):
vv.max (System.IO.FileNotFoundException)

=======================================================
Type

RenderPluginException

=======================================================
Stack Trace

bei Deadline.Plugins.SandboxedPlugin.d(DeadlineMessage azg)
bei Deadline.Plugins.SandboxedPlugin.SyncFilesForJob(Job job, Boolean cleanup, String& message)
bei Deadline.Slaves.SlaveRenderThread.e(String adr, Job ads)
bei Deadline.Slaves.SlaveRenderThread.b(TaskLogWriter adp)

Hey

Unable to locate auxiliary file happens when Worker (formerly called Slave) is unable to download Job files over RCS/proxy. This issue is resolved in Deadline version 10.1, which version of Deadline are you currently on?

If you cannot upgrade, choose not to submit scene or external reference files to the repository. In some workflows, this may be required however.

I would also check if the Aux files “xxx.max” & “vv.max” are on an accessible location. Which means that both the files are either submitted with the job or on a network share which is accessible to farm/worker.

Try to submit the job with out Aux file, for example a simple scene and see if that renders?

Cheers.

hello zainali

thanks for your feedback, i try to explain it again very simple…

if i make a folder with windows-explorer parallel to the deadline repository, the folder and content is seen by other machines in the network.
if i make the same folder in the “jobs” folder in the deadline -repo, folder and content are not seen by another machine !!

why this, where is this declared ? the same thing happens when deadline submits (version 10.0.28.2)… the folder and content is there (…but seen only by me !! ) and no other machine can render…
it must be some restriction on my machine or or anywhere else in the network. but it worked days ago…

thanks
tomes

Hey Tomes,

I think in this case you’ve already tested it outside of Deadline. The folders are not accessible to other users in jobs directory but are accessible when parallel to the repository directory. At this point I think it is something related to the permission of folder.

Deadline is looking for aux files in those job folders but is unable to access the folders due to permission settings on /job/ folders.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences