AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Any known way to delete PythonSync.lock?

I sometimes have to delete a domainuser profile folder, but I can’t ever delete it completely, because there’s always a pythonApi folder remaining with some stuff:
C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Thinkbox\Deadline10\pythonAPIs

most specifically, it’s these folders and files:

• 2022-07-22T224802.0000000Z (dir)
  • GZFU0Zrh5o7e67aG5pjztA== (dir)
  • zDF1b+ILkYpmdP3FZoqXA== (dir)
  • PythonSync.lock
  • PytonSync3.lock

Anyone know how to get rid of these ? I always get messages like it’s locked, I need permission (even while logged in as domain admin) or it’s ‘in use’ or one of the above.

You’ll have to stop the Deadline applications on the machine. Those folders are where we’re sourcing our Python modules from, and the .lock gets held while anything Deadline is running.

Any list of processes I need to make sure are not running ?
I tried killing all ‘deadlinesomethingsomething.exe’ processes, but it’s still leaving behind the PythonAPIs folder and those dirs in it when I try to remove the profile

That should have done it. If you’ve got any Deadline services running (other than the database) stop them and re-try?

You’re on the right track killing everything whose name starts with deadline, that’s exactly how I do it on my machine. Failing that, break out the trusty resource montior and see who’s not letting go.

I had to resort to uninstalling Deadline Client, and even then I had to wrestle ownership of the folder before I could delete it. Speaking of which, it is because of this thread that I seem to have to resort to this: Deadline 10 and 3ds Max Submit Error - #21 by Beeldenfabriek
any chance you can take a gander there as well and help me out ?

Will do! Though there’s not much to run with. I’ll add questions in that thread.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences