AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Asset Server Settings

Ive seen this posted elsewhere but havent seen a solution that works in my situation. Im following along with the Deadline AWS Portal Tutorials and I hit an issue at part 12, where we configure the Asset Server Settings. I get the following error:

There is an issue with the asset directory given. Cannot validate all the settings.
Please check root directory specified.
Would you like to still save the settings?

I am attempting to set up everything exactly like the video including the root being c:/users I have tried other directories as well as forward and back slashes. I am way out of my level of understanding with this stuff and have no idea where to go from here, I just want to render some cool shit and this is bumming me out.

your not alone, im also stuck on this and other steps as well. very difficult process so far lets hope we get some releif

1 Like

Hello!

Could either of you retry validating your Asset Server settings (just add a nonsense path, let the validation fail then remove it so only your C:\Users path is left) and then share your Asset Server logs?

Those logs live in one of two spots (taken from this page in the docs):

Windows

%PROGRAMDATA%\Thinkbox\AWSPortalAssetServer\logs\

Linux

/var/log/Thinkbox/AWSPortalAssetServer/

1 Like

Hey Justin,
Thanks for the reply, Ill upload my latest log here

Let me know if anything jumps out to you, my Z:/ directory is a NAS server I work off of and where all the project files currently live. My C:/ drive is just for my OS and has no working files.

Have you got the Z:\ drive mounted for the service user that the AWSPortal Asset Server service is using? Looks like the service user doesn’t have access to Z:. A work-around would be to use the UNC paths, as those don’t rely on Windows’ drive letter mapping.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences