AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

AutoUpgrad freezed

Hello,

We have a problem with the autoUpgrade repository from 10.1.6.4 to lastest (10.1.14.5)
When launching monitor or worker, the popup is saying that upgrad in launching, but nothing more.

Do you have any tips to track what could go wrong ? Any log ?

Thanks !

check the logs or launch from command line, should give you more info. It may just be taking a while to do the update.

Do you have admin rights to update?

I’ve update without probleme from 10.1.6.4 to 10.1.13.2 so i guess all admin right are fine.

But update to .14 is still freezing.

There should be a log named like “deadlinelaunchernew” in the Application Logs folder as well as a “deadlinelauncher” log. Check the ones created most recently, and share them here if the source of trouble isn’t immediately obvious.

2021-04-15 14:04:15:  Error during upgrade: Access to the path 'deadlinelaunchernew.exe' is denied. (System.UnauthorizedAccessException)
2021-04-15 14:04:15:  Launcher Thread - Responded with: Failure: Access to the path 'deadlinelaunchernew.exe' is denied. (System.UnauthorizedAccessException)

This are the erros from logs

I’ve seen something like this elsewhere when the Anti Virus blocks the app because it’s not in the accepted list, so the auto update doesn’t progress

Update to .13 has been done successfully so i don’t think it’s hardware/admin right related.
Could it be related to python 3 vs python 2 ?

By the way, i was doing this upgrade for Houdini 18.5 support and .13 should be enough, so i think i’ll stop at this version for the moment.

What are the exception we should add if this comes from the AntiVirus ? thanks

It was creating an application exception for the new application deadlinelaunchernew.exe, which is temporary during the upgrade

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences