AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

C4D 2024 - Submit to Deadline

Hi! Looking for some guidance.

We have around 20 machines that were successfully submitting to our Deadline Repo on C4D 2024. We upgraded our Deadline Repo from 10.2.1 to 10.3. Most machines moved over easily and were submitting jobs successfully. We currently have two machines that cannot use the script “Submit to Deadline” to submit. Completely different builds (GPUs, CPUs, etc). They can successfully submit from the launcher and works fine that way but is difficult for our group of users. The script runs on these machines and allows us to pick our pools, tasks, etc. The issue only occurs when we go to submit. The window stays up, does not show a successful submission, and nothing populates in monitor. Across the board as we upgrade the Monitor on our machines, I expect they will work but also am trying to figure out a workaround/fix if others begin to have this issue. Any ideas?

This was working previously in C4D after editing Cinema4D.param and Cinema4DBatch.param but only began after upgrading repo

In 10.3 we totally dropped Py2 support - maybe these two machines still have an old copy of the integrated C4D submitter that’s only just now broken? Could you try re-running the integrated submitter installer? And if that fails, go through the manual installation steps just below on that same page?

And if that doesn’t work, check the console window and I’d hope it shows something when you hit submit that explains the failure.

Hi Justin,

We have reinstalled using the integrated submitter and transitioned the file over from 2023 version of C4D into 2024. The plugins loads perfectly fine but regardless will not submit. I then reinstalled manually. We have completely blown out Deadline on one of the PCs and reinstalled. Still able to submit via launcher but somewhere the script stops working when pressing submit. Nothing is shown in the console and it stays on the screen with the settings that were chosen to send to the job. I looped back and started testing on another machine and we are still getting submissions and job confirmations…

By chance, it seems it may be a similar related bug to this forum

Interesting - this is on a machine running Deadline 10.3.0.15? I’m surprised the submitter from 10.2 worked on C4D 2024, but the 10.3 submitter doesn’t.

Are you testing using the take’s frame range? I just installed C4D 2024 on my machine and was reminded that the fix shared on this post isn’t in the product yet.

I had to choose the Python console to see the error, let me know if that’s the case for you as well:

That seems to have done the trick for submitting! We were using Take Frame Range function. Although now in this version it seems to be different. Is this function frame range pulling from the render globals? This is how it worked before and now seems to be different after this fix.

It’s pulling the same data, it’s just dropping anything past the decimal point in the frame range before using it.

What’s happening now is C4D returns 24.0 where it used to return 24. Since decimal numbers are a different data type (called floats) the submitter would fail to parse them.

How are things different?

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences