AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

C4D + RS General Deadline Submission Setups

Hi, I just started to try out Deadline and made a couple of tests so far, but after a couple days of trial end error (due to the interlocking subjects, it doesn’t behave as expected), I would love to benefit from existing experience.

The hardware setup includes 2 render nodes (3 and 2 gpus) locally connected to a 10g nas (deadline repo).
The software is C4DR20.059, Redshift 3.20 and Deadline 10.1.6.4 running on Win10.

Here are some results so far:

Render scene 1 (located on nas) on node 1: ~36min
Render scene 1 (located on nas) on node 2: ~ 65min
Render scene 1 (located on nas) on node 1 + node 2: ~22min

Rendering scene 1 locally (without deadline) on node 2: ~13min
Rendering scene 1 locally (with deadline - render locally enabled) on node 2: ~65min

I would love to render local on both nodes on the same scene but my submission/scene settings tend to be wrong?!

I would like to submit everything Redshift-related directly from C4D but it seems that deadline overrides some inputs afterwards.
For instance I’ve got multilayered openEXR AOVs up and running, to do that, I went to Redshifts AOV manager, checked “direct output”, “multipass” for every single AOV, but also check multi-part EXR and multi pass compatibility. is this the correct way?

i’m confused with the contrary behaviours between c4d + rs and deadline. could you guys give me guidelines (yes i read the well written documentation already) for optimal and expect-able results concerning local renderspeeds with scene-distribution.

thanks a lot.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences