AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Cross-Platform Path Mapping

Hi,

I’ve read through the documentation on cross-platform path mapping but I’m still struggling.
I am using the free license to test a Windows machine and an OSX machine.

In this example I’m simply changing the Windows path to Mac.

The log shows

CheckPathMapping: Swapped “A:\RenderFarmRepository\jobs\Test 01\Composition1.comp” with “Volumes/ARCHIVE/RenderFarmRepository/jobs/Test 01/Composition1.comp”

Which looks good to me, but it then immediately fails with:

RenderPluginException – Error: Error: Could not find a part of the path “/Applications/Thinkbox/Deadline10/Resources/Volumes/ARCHIVE/RenderFarmRepository/jobs/Test 01/Composition1.comp”. (System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException)

It looks like it’s adding /Applications/Thinkbox/Deadline10/Resources/ onto the path and I cannot find why or how!

Secondly, I’m having to drill right down into the job folder because simply swapping “\ARCHIVE\RenderFarmRepository” for “/Volumes/ARCHIVE/RenderFarmRepository” creates paths with incorrect forward /\ e.g.

"Volumes/ARCHIVE/RenderFarmRepository\jobs\Test 01\Composition1.comp

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks

It looks like you’re missing the “/” in “/Volumes” there, so it’s assuming the path is relative and adding on the Slave’s current working directory.

As far as the slashes, that’s likely been that way for a long time and I think AE gracefully handles the wrong slashes. If it didn’t, we’d have had problems a long time ago.

1 Like

Thanks, I also contacted support and Charles resolved the problem

It should be.

Replace Path: A:\

Mac Path: /Volumes/ARCHIVE

So you are missing the “/” with volumes and you don’t need to be as specific with the path since A:\ should be mounting ARCHIVE.

Thanks

Ah that Charles, stealing my thunder. I’m happy you asked here though! It means that hopefully others in the same situation will find it and learn.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences