AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Custom Events not executing

We are using sound 20 custom events and we noticed recently that the last 4 to 6 events (varies per job) sometimes never get executed. The other custom events successfully report to the console. None of the custom events fail. Is there some sort of time out or reason why this would be happening? Like I said our jobs never fully run all custom events. It’s always the last handful that never get executed.

And the fact that sometimes they do execute makes it more confusing. These events are meant to run for every job regardless of the plugin submitting it. They all used to work at one point.

Thanks
John

https://docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/products/deadline/10.1/1_User%20Manual/manual/repository-config.html#client-setup

Event Timeouts enabled?

1 Like

Upgrading (completely) restores all events to disabled

That’s not the issue.
All events are enabled and like is said. Sometimes the execute and sometimes they dont

Just to clarify; are you answering negatively here to both my suggestion and Anthony’s?
I’ll assume so for the time being and these events thats ‘sometimes’ work aren’t taking a long time to execute, blocking the other events, which cause a chain-reaction for an event timeout to occur. If these are “Job” or “Worker” centric events, then your local logs for Worker/Launcher should have a trace of them executing. Is there any indication of failure there? Out of the event which sometimes don’t execute, is there any pattern to them? Are they named oddly compared to the others? (illegal characters?) or do they have a dependency that might sometimes be missing such as a 3rd party plugin, Python library or environment variable that is only missing when these event plugins fire under a certain user account? I’m assuming all these event plugins are “global” in nature and none of them use the optional “Opt-In” feature, thereby stopping them from executing unless the job props contain the requested event plugin(s)?
Hopefully that helps narrow it down a bit/food for thought.
Cheers,
Mike

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences