AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Deadline 10.1.21.3 Vray Spawner Config missing

I have installed the latest Deadline release and the plugin config for 3dsmax 2022 ist there, but the plugin config for vrayspawner 2022 is missing. I have scripted the entry by modifying the \Deadline_Repository\deadline10\plugins\VraySpawner\Vrayspawner.param file.
Is this meant like this or is the installation corrupted?

Note that capitalization might matter - VraySpawner vs Vrayspawner. (it doesn’t by default on Windows, but might due to Deadline)

The param file was already there. I mean the entry in the plugin configuration via the Deadline monitor. There is entry for vrayspawner for 3dsmax 2020, but no one for 2021 and 2022.
Is this the standard when installing the latest release? In supported software 3dsmax 2022 and vray DR is listed as supported by Deadline.

Well yeah, likely the release of deadline is from before 2022 support was added.
Usually just adding the entries yourself works. Then you should keep an eye on available upgrades of Deadline, which may add the support themselves. The pace of this development is not very high, though.

Ok thank you for confirming this issue. I know this trick from the past when I integrated other software packages new versions. It works so far.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences