AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Deadline 10 Batch Job Submission

Hey there,

I am trying to create a batch job submission as outlined in the user manual:

https://docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/products/deadline/10.0/1_User%20Manual/manual/manual-submission.html

My problem is that some of my jobs I want to add to this are command line jobs instead of job file jobs so I was wondering if there was a way to submit a command line job that uses an executable?

So for example, we currently have the following command line job:

‘C:\Program Files\Thinkbox\Deadline10\bin\deadlinecommand.exe’
‘-SubmitCommandLineJob’
‘-executable’
‘C:\Program Files\Nuke11.3v4\Nuke11.3.exe’
‘name’ ‘Build JPEG Script from Template’
‘-pool’ ‘default’
‘-prop’ u’BatchName=RBW_999_DPA_2000_comp_jfoulds_v009.nk’
‘-prop’ u’UserName=jfoulds’
‘-arguments’ ‘-t T:\build_jpeg_nuke_script.py P:\test\test1\qtCreation\InternalMediaTemplate_jpeg_v001.nk P:\test\_qt\asd2f_jpeg.nk --addSlateFrame --batchName=“RBW_104_DPA2000_comp_jfoulds_v009.nk” --inputPath=“P:\test\test2\asd2f.%04d.exr 1001-1174” --outputPath=“P:\test\test1\asd2f_jpeg.####.jpeg” --userName=jfoulds’

What would be the equivalent of this submitted as a job file?

Thanks!

Jared

Hi Jared,

To get a good idea what a command line job’s plugin info and job info files would look like, I would recommend that you simply open the command line submitter in the Monitor (under Submit > Miscellaneous > Command Line), submit a test job with whatever command line executable and arguments you want, and then peek into the temp folder C:\Users\YourUserName>\AppData\Local\Thinkbox\Deadline10\temp to explore the commandline_job_info.job and commandline_plugin_info.job files it creates during submission. Some of the parameters are obviously optional, but you can use these as templates for your own batch submissions.

Of course, you don’t have to use the literal Command Line plugin that comes with Deadline. Most Deadline plugins like those for Maya, Nuke, AfterEffects etc. end up building a command line to execute, but offer a separate Plugin Configuration dialog that defines the location of the actual executable. So you could create a custom Deadline Plugin for your type of Nuke command line job and pass arbitrary parameters to the job files, then in the Python file defining the custom Plugin you can read those parameters and build the command line from them…

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences