AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Deadline 9 Windows 10

We also seem to have the same issue, any resolution you can share.

Thanks

This is the log output of the .Net error Dialog:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at System.Windows.Forms.ListViewItem.UpdateStateToListView(Int32 index, LVITEM& lvItem, Boolean updateOwner)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.InsertItemsNative(Int32 index, ListViewItem[] items)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.OnHandleCreated(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCreate(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ActiveXImpl.System.Windows.Forms.IWindowTarget.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.8.4180.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

3dsmax
Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 21.3.0.3250
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Autodesk/3ds%20Max%202019/3dsmax.exe

Its been a couple of years but did anyone find out a fix for this?

We are currently running 3dsMAX 2023, Vray 6, and Deadline 10.2 and the exact same error still persists.

If the only option is to supress the error, what line of code must be added to the 3dsmaxVRayDBR2Deadline.ms script?

Hello @Refuge7

Can you share the logs from maxscript listener, I want to see how is it failing, the forums post has this error about – Unknown property: “SetMaxInfo” in undefined and permissions issue on vray_dr.cfg
I need some further information:

• Are you using any 3rd party plugins for Vray and are those updated?
  • Are there proper permissions set on vray_dr.cfg?
  • I have tested it with a simple scene, the job submits without errors for me. When you try to open the script does it open for you?
  • If it opens then while you are trying to submit there is a button in the bottom right of Submission UI Open Log in Default Editor Please grab the log from there and attach here.
Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences