AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Deadline FBX Exporter

Before diving into the code, I wanted to see if it would even be possibly using a deadline event. Is it possible that anytime a Max job is submitted, that I can create another deadline job, which takes the maxfile submitted, and run’s a maxscript which exports out the max file as an fbx?

My main questions being:

1. How can i duplicate a Max Rendering job and submit it again but as a Maxscript Job?
  2. When submitting the new job, actually submit it with the maxscript file that would be called which exports the necessary stuff in the file via Deadline.

Both should be possible. You can run 3ds max from command line and have it perform specific script. https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3ds-max/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2017/ENU/3DSMax/files/GUID-BCB04DEC-7967-4091-B980-638CFDFE47EC-htm.html

There’s scene file entry on the job that got sent, so you can query that on your event script and then use the same file or make a copy and run with that.

I’ve definitely written OnJobSubmitted scripts that generate jobs. I think there was a weird condition that required me to shell out to deadlinecommand instead of calling RepositoryUtils.SubmitJob. If I recall correctly it was because there was an internal function missing.

Digging into ‘[repo]/plugins/3dsmax/3dsmax.py’ there isn’t much there for the script job, so I think just adding “MAXScriptJob” and the script seems to be either the first or second Aux file in the submission process.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences