AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Deadline Maya2020 Vray 5 Issue

Hi,

i’m completly new to deadline and try to set up a Maya 2020 Vray 5 Deadline Workflow but for some reason there is always a error when submitting a maya render job.

i’ve tried submitting the job to various different worker machines but i always get this error:

=======================================================
Error
Error: TypeError : cannot concatenate ‘str’ and ‘NoneType’ objects (Python.Runtime.PythonException)

• File “C:\ProgramData\Thinkbox\Deadline10\workers\SEB-WORKSTATION\plugins\5ff4ecb035721c1b488690bb\MayaBatch.py”, line 268, in StartJob*
  • self.LogInfo(“Initial System Environment VRAY_GPU_PLATFORMS:”+Environment.GetEnvironmentVariable( “VRAY_GPU_PLATFORMS” ))*
  • at Python.Runtime.Dispatcher.Dispatch(ArrayList args)*
  • at __FranticX_GenericDelegate0Dispatcher.Invoke()*
  • at Deadline.Plugins.DeadlinePlugin.StartJob()*
  • at Deadline.Plugins.DeadlinePlugin.DoStartJob()*
  • at Deadline.Plugins.PluginWrapper.StartJob(String& outMessage, AbortLevel& abortLevel)*
  • at Deadline.Plugins.PluginWrapper.StartJob(String& outMessage, AbortLevel& abortLevel)*

Type
RenderPluginException

the scene is just a simple testscene with a few spheres and one light

any ideas what might cause the issue?

thx Sebastian

Any love with this one? I am running into the same issue. First time setting up Deadline and testing a render with Maya 2020 and V-Ray 5 on Windows Server 2019

Hi Patrick,

yes, i got it solved by changing the MayaBatch Plugin Script. You can find it in your Repository dir under /plugins/MayaBatch/MayaBatch.py

i simply commented out the whole block about the VRAY_GPU_PLATFORMS Environment Variable starting in line 266 like this:

“”"
if self.Renderer == “vray”:
self.LogInfo(“Initial System Environment VRAY_GPU_PLATFORMS:”+Environment.GetEnvironmentVariable( “VRAY_GPU_PLATFORMS” ))
selectedGPUs = self.GetGpuOverrides()
if len(selectedGPUs) > 0:
gpus = “;”.join((“index”+str(gpu)) for gpu in selectedGPUs)
self.SetEnvironmentAndLogInfo( “VRAY_GPU_PLATFORMS”, gpus )
“”"

alternatively you could just delete this section.

I’m not sure if GPU Rendering would still function correctly with this modification since we’re not using it at our studio but CPU rendering works fine.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,
Sebastian

Great information! That works.

The error looks like a syntax error, or like something wasn’t defined correctly in the ENV_Variable, but I don’t know enough about it to say anything intelligent.

Thanks for your help.

This is the correct solution, and we are very sorry about the inconvenience!

The GPU affinity will work properly without the line - it was meant for debugging purposes to show what the GPU env. var. of V-Ray looked like before overriding it temporarily for the MayaBatch process. However, when the env. var. is not defined at all, the return result is not a string, and it fails to concatenate unless it is cast as string explicitly, or tested for being a string before attempting to print it to the log.

We have fixed this internally and it should be back to normal in the next point release of Deadline.

1 Like
Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences