AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Deadline multiworker error while rendering more than 1 job

Hi, I have 1 machine with 64 threads, 128 GB RAM and running on Windows 11. When I added “New Worker Instanes” and split it into 2 workers. In some cases while I’m rendering 2 jobs at the same time with Katana and Houdini, The katana job always has an error with code -1073741818, it always happens when the Houdini task finishes rendering and the katana task still running will be error -1073741818.

This error’s not always Houdini and Katana. I try on Katana and Maya too. The error always happens while the worker renders new task.

Is that recommended for having 2 workers machine? or there is another option like create a VM for multiple worker

Thank you,

Hello @azura
How did you split the Workers? Like did you split the resources? like CPU/GPU? The error you are getting is coming from the application itself. -1073741818 can be a memory access violation which means that the memory location accessed by application was outside of the address space of the application (some incorrect pointer).

You can add in Deadline’s plugin for Katana to ignore this exit code and see if the render continues.

Here are the instructions: Natron - Process exit code: -1073740940 - #2 by eamsler just change the exit code number to the one you are getting (-1073741818). You will need to change[DeadlineRepo]/plugins/Katana/Katana.py

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences