AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Deadline --Runtime error: $directory not recognized: $(Scene_path)

Randomly started receiving this error and can not render to deadline since.

Was rendering the scene fine this morning no issues then all of the sudden its not working.

I’ve restarted still nothing

I even turned pheonix off in the scene. I’m don’t even need to use pheonix. I would just like to find a solution to this issue. Using Max 2020 Vray Next
s

Same here! We’re trying to submit a vray scene which is using PhoenixFD, but getting this error when we try to submit the scene. Max 2020, Vray Next update 3, Phoenix 3.14 here.

I can’t try updating the 3dsmax submitter because it would require a whole new repository upgrade which we can’t do right now as we have too much on the farm.

Any ideas please devs? It’s a real nightmare because we’re currently forced to render our vray stuff locally only!

The problem was originally reported here.

In short, Chaos Group changed the name of the token between v2 and v3, and that broke the submitter. I am trying to get a license for v4 to see if it is still the same or if it changed again.

I believe that the error only occurs if the option to submit external files to the Repository is enabled, or the pre-cache to AWS option is checked (both under the “Assets” tab). If you are not collecting external references to submit with the job, and you are not submitting to AWS Portal, you can probably uncheck the “Pre-Cache…” option to avoid the error.

The current workaround if collection of assets with the job is required is to expand the symbolic name from a $token to an actual UNC or mapped drive path in the Phoenix settings. Would that work for you in the short term?

The fix required by the SMTD submitter is not exactly trivial. However, if there was a fix, all you would need to do would be to drop the new script in the Repository folder - no need to reinstall a whole Repository to fix a bug…

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences