AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Deadline8 with fusion

When I use deadline8 submitter on fusion7, cmd.exe was blinking up many time before coming submitter UI.
And if I cancel submit and try to re-open submitter, it has only blinking up cmd.exe and not coming submitter anymore.

I’m replacing all scripts with deadline7’s and it has no trouble now.

Hey,

Can you share any script output you are seeing in Fusion? I am curious what is actually happening here, as this is the first I have heard of this happening. Just to clarify, you did run the integrated submitter installer again on those machines once you had upgraded to 8? Thanks.

Here is fusion script output. At the 2nd time, it happened error.

Right-clicking on a Tool bar is a quick way to bring up the Customize Tool Bars dialog.
Running script “\xxxxxxxx\e_Deadline\DeadlineRepository8\Submission\Fusion\Main\SubmitToDeadline.eyeonscript”
Submit to Deadline
Running script “\xxxxxxxx\e_Deadline\DeadlineRepository8\Submission\Fusion\Main\SubmitToDeadline.eyeonscript”
Submit to Deadline
…ory8\Submission\Fusion\Main\SubmitToDeadline.eyeonscript:491: attempt to index local ‘fh’ (a nil value)

So, I actually manual installed fusion script. Just replace from Deadline7.
I copied “DeadlineFusionClient.eyonscript” file to fusion/script/comp folder.

thanks

Hello Makoto,

I am going to have one of our devs check this over asap and see if we can identify the problem. Can you verify the full versions of any software involved, including Deadline and Fusion? Thanks.

I’m using deadline 8.0.4.1 and fusion7.7.1 now.
When I use deadline 7.x, it has no problem. And also copy all submitter script from D7 to D8, it has no problem as well.

I will try to check fusion8 with deadline8 tomorrow.
thanks

I tested on fusion studio 8.1.1.
It get error and didn’t open UI.

script message is

Running script “C:\ProgramData\Thinkbox\Deadline8\cache\Av457iaE2JYA5h8Nq4oViQYGY5U\submission/Fusion/Main/SubmitToDeadline.eyeonscript”

Submit to Deadline
Unsupported key type!

thanks

Hello,

Can I have you delete the cache folder from “C:\ProgramData\Thinkbox\Deadline8” and then try to run the submitter again? I am curious if the files are being written with bad permissions. Let me know.

If I delete cache, it has nothing change.
When I use deadline8 submit script, cache file was re-builds and getting same error.
But when I use deadline 7 submit scripts on D8, cache file was not build.

BTW, just my curious,
Why Deadline8 makes cache files every time for all of plugin, pythonsync, submission scripts.
It get slowdown and makes waste traffic when I start slave.
Deadline6 and 7 was not made it.

thanks

Hello,

The Deadline cache feature was an attempt to simplify the process of rendering and submitting, but is still in the process of being streamlined. We are hoping 8.0.5 will do this better and that we’ll have a way to disable the cache.

I tried Deadline8.0.5.1.
On fusion 7.7.1, it works. But I got 5 times strange popup of “cmd.exe” before launch submit UI.
This was not happened Deadline7.x submitter.

On fusion 8.1.1, it still does not work. I got “unsupported key type!” error on fusion console.
And fusion8 cannot use Deadline7.x submitter even if I rename that file to .lua

please fix it!!
thanks

Hey, I had the same problem, check my thread here:

I believe the 5 cmd.exe popup windows are query calls from the script using deadlinecommand.exe (such as querying for existing groups and pools in the repository). Production team seems pretty annoyed by them so I was considering caching this information in a file and reading it from there, and having a separate button in the UI to re-cache the information in case we make some changes.

We just downloaded Fusion 8.1, and we were able to reproduce this issue. Looks like they changed a couple things since Fusion 8.0.

I’ve uploaded an updated script that should to fix the problem. Go to \your\repository\submission\Fusion\Main and first make a backup of SubmitToDeadline.eyeonscript. Then unzip the attached file to the same folder. Then try running the submitter again and let us know if it helps.

The cmd.exe popup windows are from our deadlinecommand calls. In previous versions of Fusion, there was an “executebg” function that we could call from the LUA script that would allow us to run commands without a console window popping up. Unfortunately, this was removed from the Fusion 8 scripting API, so the only option we have now doesn’t allow us to suppress the window. :frowning:

Cheers,
Ryan
FusionSubmitToDeadline.zip (14.2 KB)

Thanks Russell!
It works fine :wink:

Awesome! Thanks for letting us know.

Cheers,
Ryan

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences