I have AWS Deadline installed and working with my main graphics Boxx Apexx system and three older computers as Workers (renderfarm nodes). Everything is working for scanline rendering under Max2022. Lastly, I need to get Arnold rendering working. I have five Arnold networking licenses.
I installed the Deadline Repository and DB on one of the Workers (not my main creation system mentioned above). From what I’ve read, I install Arnold License Manager, generate a Network License and then…??? Some links for getting things off my Autodesk subcription, products page are broken, so I can’t even see or get the things I might need from there. So I’m hoping to get useful information from users before I take this final step.
Questions I have:
- I plan on running the Arnold License Manager on the same Worker node managing Deadline, not my creation system. Hopefully this is okay.
- I see the link to generate a Network License in my subscription center. Does it matter what machine I do that on? Should I only generate the network license logging into my subscription center from the Worker machine after installing ALM?
- Then what? How do I assign my Arnold network licenses to each node?
- Does the Arnold for Max plugin (or any other needed plugin) come into play on the Workers (nodes)?
- What things do I not even know to ask that are going to trip me up (file permissions, etc)?
I was so excited to see test network rendering working on all my machines managed by Deadline. Dying to see it going with Arnold. I need to network render pointclouds and other data dense scenes. I think compiling a file sent directly to standalone Arnold is out of the question, in case someone is thinking to offering that option.