AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Error Accessing Deadline Repository 1006

Hi,

When I run Submit Vray DBR to Deadline I am getting the error “error accessing deadline repository (error code 1006)” It has only just started doing this. I was able to submit fine a few days ago. The other submit options do not bring up this error. I have also reinstalled the submitter exe files as well as the client with no success.

I am using deadline version 10.1.1.3 and 3ds max 2020.3

This seems to be effecting everyone so think it must be something on the repository end

Any ideas how I can fix this?

Kind regards,

Chris

Hi all,

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this as it’s causing lots of problems trying to use deadline for DBR

Kind regards,

Chris

Are you able to connect to the repository from that machine? That error gets thrown when the submitter fails to talk to the repository.

Are there more logs you can share?

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me!

Yes I can connect to the repository and I also re select it without any issues.

Can you tell me what logs you want and where from and i’ll send them over. I’ve attached one in case that is of use.

deadlineslave-ASSEMBLY11-2020-04-14-0001.zip (12.5 KB)

Kind regards,

Chris

Hi Justin,

Do you have any ideas about a fix or did the log reveal anything to you?

This is still causing us issues.

Kind regards,

Chris

Sorry to disappear!

There’s nothing in there that explains why the submitter is failing. Is the user account that the submitter is running as the same user the launcher is running as?

An easy test would be running (in a command prompt):

"%DEADLINE_PATH%"\deadlinecommand -pools

That should return the Pools you’ve got set up. Even if you don’t have any, any response that isn’t an error is a good thing. Usually if the submitter’s failing to talk the repository, everything on the machine should be falling over. It’s odd that they’re not!

Give that a shot, and if it’s urgent please reach out through one of the channels listed here.

Hi Justin,

No worries and thanks for coming back to me.

Yeah it’s all the same.

I ran your test and it worked and came back with “none” which is correct as we have no pools.

It’s not urgent as I just have to stop using deadline dbr and just run the spawners manually but with remote working it’s a pain and would be great to get a fix. What is strange is that I can use Corona DBR and I don’t have any issues at all and nor does anyone else, just the Vray one!?

Kind regards,

Chris

For anyone finding this thread in the future:

Turns out the copy of 3dsmaxVRayDBR2Deadline.ms had gotten edited with a syntax error in it and since our submitter script assumes any failure in loading/running that script is a repository access error we went on a bit of a wild goose chase.

99% of the time, this error will be correct but it’s fun to find that 1% sometimes!

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences