AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Error printed when 3dsmax output is to a network location

We are seeing this continuously in our logs, and it doesn’t seem right

2018-09-06 04:01:36: 0: INFO: MaxLightning: Saved image to W:\proj\79\0210\Light\proj_79_0210_Light_Assembly_v020_pg_camMain\VRay_ZDepth\proj_79_0210_Light_Assembly_v020_pg_camMain_VRay_ZDepth.1011.exr
2018-09-06 04:02:32: 0: INFO: Searching local output folder for: C:\Users\svc_deadline\AppData\Local\Thinkbox\Deadline10\slave\bottle25\jobsData\5b8fef8fe720a8f5c4aad817\0_tempsYS930\proj_79_0210_Light_Assembly_v020_pg_camMain.1011.exr
2018-09-06 04:02:32: 0: WARNING: Unable to locate local render file: C:\Users\svc_deadline\AppData\Local\Thinkbox\Deadline10\slave\bottle25\jobsData\5b8fef8fe720a8f5c4aad817\0_tempsYS930\proj_79_0210_Light_Assembly_v020_pg_camMain.1011.exr

The render is written to W:\ but is expected to be in the slave’s local directory on C:
Is there something we should configure?

Looks like you have local rendering enabled which should write to the temp directory then move it to the final network destination. Is this job saving a single or multiple outputs? If multiple outputs, are any of them writing to temp and getting moved?

Would it be possible for you to attach the full job report?

Regards,

Charles

In the job,
LocalRendering=1
IncludeLocalPaths=0

I will attach the job report on Monday

Here is an example report:
local_render_log.zip (6.8 KB)

I see what you mean from the log here. Lightening is saving the image to “W:” instead of the local temporary directory and so the job is failing. This sounds familiar.

Do you have a customized Max plugin? I noticed we have this in our release notes for 10.0.13 (you’re on 10.0.16):

• Fixed some issues with how the 3ds Max plugin caches some local files.

I’ll bump the dev team here to see if they know what’s up.

Update: After some research, this usually happens when part of the output wasn’t saved correctly. The internal Lightning plugin copied the file (denoted by the “Saved image to” line), but I’m not sure why that error came it. Can you check to see if that frame made it to the “W:” path?

Thanks, so we do have a custom 3dsmax submitter, I think to work around some other existing bug.
Could that be the cause?
The plugin should be the default one.

BTW today we are going to upgrade our test repo to 10.0.20 so we’ll give it another try.

Today upgraded the repo and got the same result, but it is possible that the submitter’s client was not upgraded yet. Will perform more tests.

I’m not sure if the issue would be in the submitter, but if you’re willing to test I appreciate it. If you’ve been using a test scene, I can pass that to the development team as well to work on.

Yeah I’m going to investigate this further and test with an updated submitter.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences