AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Example for how to install deadline client by a script in linux

I’m trying to orchestrate the creation of a deadline render node automatically, but I can’t see any examples for how to do this in linux. The missing part for me is how to install the deadline client from a shell script.

I found there’s an option file that we can somehow create
https://docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/products/deadline/10.0/1_User%20Manual/manual/install-client.html

… but not how to use it. is it possible to take a working node configuration and put it straight into that option file?

I decided to not worry about defining an installation file, and run it all in one bash line.
the solution was to keep a copy of the deadline.ini file tucked away on a working config, and keep iterating over the install until I was able to match all the parameters.

Yeah, the “one bash line” is the recommended way. We can’t remove the options file argument there.

We did some testing of this a month or so back because a developer was doing the same thing you are now. I’ll see if I can get it as an example to post here.

Update: Here’s an example (with bits scrubbed to protect the developer involed. :D)

mode=unattended
repositorydir=/opt/Thinkbox/DeadlineRepository10
licensemode=LicenseFree
slavestartup=false
enable-components=proxyconfig
connectiontype=Repository
proxyrootdir=192.168.0.10:4433
proxycertificate=/some/path/Deadline10RemoteClient.pfx
proxycertificatepassword=supersecretpassword1
tlsport=4433
enabletls=true
tlscertificates=generate
generatedcertdir=/some/path/
servercert=unused_but_needed_due_to_bug
clientcert_pass=supersecretpassword2

Thankyou for providing this example Edwin.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences