Frost in Max 2019

Third in the queue - would live to see a recompile for 2019. I’d love to use fluids with Frost and it looks like I’m going to leave 2018 alone and just go with 2019.

As for feature updates - will it be possible to use Max Fluids directly with Frost without having to save out to PRT? That would be a great addition for current and new Frost users.

I am not sure whether this is technically possible, I have logged it as a wish to explore if it is feasible.

Thanks, hopefully it’s possible. Otherwise let us know so we can request this as users, maybe it helps.

+1 for 2019 support…

Is 2019 support added yet?

You guys adding bifrost support or something? :wink: :smiley:

Not that I’m aware of, but we just (three minutes ago) uploaded a version of Frost you’ll probably want to try out. :slight_smile:

Guess my 2.10 license doesn’t support this version? (I have active maintenance) :frowning:

Something interfering with max2019 install

[code]---------------------------
3ds Max plugin installation for Frost

Error installing to D:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2019:
frantic/win32/wrap.hpp:76 frantic::win32::AutoRegKey::create_key() assert condition ERROR_SUCCESS == result failed: Failed to create the key “SOFTWARE\Thinkbox\Frost”

OK
---------------------------[/code]

If you contact our sales department (thinkbox-sales@amazon.com) they will be happy to send you an updated license.

Thanks Evan just did.

Please see above Max2019 install issue. It was greyed out when I ran the installer now it is just dropping that error when I run the Add to Max utility.

Try running the installer as an administrator.

Hmm just checked the localized plugin.ini the Frost entry was written so… got me what the heck ever that error was about.

It is working as expected in 2019

It might be nice if we could download the latest license via the website instead of contacting support.

Nonetheless, thanks for the update. I am eager to migrate to 2019 in full force.

@Shawn you can log in with an amazon account and grab it from the downloads page. :wink:

But he wants the LICENSE, not the installer. That is not possible yet. :slight_smile:

Aahh caught speed reading…yet again. Thank goodness no one gives out citations for that, I would be broke. :smiley:

:slight_smile:

Got my license so it’s all good now.

where can I download new frost (and kraka or xmesh) versions as a customer in ‘maintenance’ mode?

best,

You can download them from our new download site downloads.thinkboxsoftware.com/.

Totally missed that update, I’d really appreciate if Thinkbox sent e-mail notifications about new/updated products - I guess I’m not the only one asking for this :wink:

Any other way to d/l the installer, without having to create an Amazon account first?