AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Houdini 17.0.352 "Submit to deadline" crashes Houdini

Like the title says. When i click “submit to deadline” from the drop down render menu in Houdini 17.0.352, and that with a fresh latest Deadline build installed… it crashes Houdini. I’m not even getting to the submission dialog window, nothing.

I’ve used the installers all the way, for the repository, mongo database, client, and then submission installer as well, all went fine, deadline launcher / monitor / slave are running fine.

Nothing does it. I’ve had that issue since Upgrading to deadline 10+ and Houdini 17, never had a problem with deadline 16.5 and deadline 9+ which i had kept for a while. And now this… made me give up on deadline few months ago thinking that perhaps it wasn’t working with Houdini 17, but now it obviously is supposed to work with it and i’ms till bumping into the same problem.

I’m using Redshift 2.6.29, if that is any relevant, which i believe it is not, but who knows.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,

A.

Hey Adriano,

What operating system is this on? Have you taken a look at the systems crash reports yet? For example Windows Event Viewer?

Is the Deadline Client connected to the farm using the Remote Connection Server or a File Share?

Regards,

Charles

I’m not keeping track enough of this forum. So better late than never, might help some down the road. The issue was simply a bad “plugins configuration” in the deadline monitor. Setting the right paths did fix the issue if i recall well.

A.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences