AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

How to turn deadline into windows service so that it runs without logging in?

hello now I have a fleet of 200 machines with deadline 10, my students are made in the evening but the problem is that it must be connected to a session so that slave deadline is launched correctly,
however, I want the program to start without logging on.
I first saw that I could put deadline as a service from the monitor, but here it does not start. Subsequently I try to create a service at the start of windows to avoid this constraint. but the problem is the following when I want to create a service using the command “C: \ Program Files \ Thinkbox \ Deadline10 \ bin \ deadlinelauncher.exe” -slave the command is not accepting however it is the path indicated in the shortcut of the start menu.
Finally I try to create a planned task. Deadline starts well in the spots but it does not appear on the monitor.

If someone has already had a good time, I will thank him very much for explaining the process.

add infos : OS : windows 7 pro; Program executed : 3dsmax

Regards,

Hello!

Here is a forum post that covers starting the Deadline Launcher Service on log off and then stopping it on login.

This will allow for your machines to run the Slave and render when students logout but stop rendering when they login.

Regards,

Charles

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences