AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Issues with Nuke UBL and Deadline On-premises

Hi there,

I am having an issue using Nuke UBL with our on-premises Deadline render farm. I have set up a License forwarder (not-hosting any other license servers) on a system. This system has the local firewall disabled. All systems have internet access.

When a worker picks up the job, I see the tunneler thread for Nuke listening and then connection received on the license forwarder. I see the validation check succeeding on the worker log with the message “Confirmed Credit Usage for “Nuke””. After this the Nuke STDOUT pops up as if the jobs is starting to render, then the worker hangs and doesn’t make any progress. These workers are enabled in the limits.

I see the time being used in the thinkbox UBL portal so it seems to recognize the licenses are being used.

Repository options for UBL:
“Use Cloud license server” - checked on
UBL settings have been entered.
Dynamic Licensing Mode is turned off
Enable Web Forwarding - unchecked
Auto-detect 3rd party UBL consumption - unchecked.

We have 4 local render nodes that use the local license server and these operate with this same job just fine. This is a NukeX render job, although I didn’t see any restrictions in the UBL documentation for that.

2022-04-11 12:43:52: 0: STDOUT: NOTE : NukeX functionality is only available with an interactive license. If you wish to
2022-04-11 12:43:52: 0: STDOUT: use this, please specify ‘–nukex -i’ for an interactive license in terminal mode.
2022-04-11 12:43:52: 0: STDOUT: Nuke 13.0v3, 64 bit, built Jun 30 2021.
2022-04-11 12:43:52: 0: STDOUT: Copyright (c) 2021 The Foundry Visionmongers Ltd. All Rights Reserved.

Looking for any guidance as to what we’re doing wrong.

-Andrew

I have an update.

It seems the nodes that don’t show any progress are indeed making progress. I am seeing frame output in the render folder. Neither the worker log, nor deadline monitor shows any progress for these nodes that are using the UBL licensing so this may have been what was throwing me off.

If confirmed working I will submit a final update.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences