AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

It is that time again. Please prepare for 3dsMax 2022

Thanks Justin, I’m not in a rush to use this, the last scene is using the scanline render so not sure why it’s requesting V-Ray (or Arnold…)

I figure if I can test it that far and it’s a simple fix, then everyone who has a big project with a tight deadline who absolutely has to use the latest version that’s only just been released can get rendering.

Have a great Easter

Since 3dsMax 2022 is py3 only. It might cause issue. But, we should have at least lightening.dlx pluggin recompiled.

Any update? Come on Thinkbox…

Last year, Max 2021 released in March and Deadline supports it in May. Can we be that optimistic this year?
I’m really looking forward to Max 2022 support. Especially with the new Safe Scene Script Execution (SSSE) feature, it’ll make processing user’s scenes much more secure.
I afraid that SSSE might changes the way Deadline works with Max, which will cause longer time to support. Is it true?

10.1.15.2 just released and no 2022 update :frowning:

We plan to have this included in the upcoming 10.1.16 build (likely next month).

4 Likes

Whoooo, thanks Bobo…Amazing.

Just to be clear, I only uploaded it to the Forum. Thanks go to the Deadline developers who provided it. We plan to upload the Maya 2022 integration preview in advance in the same manner.

So thanks to them too :slight_smile:

thanks! thanks! thanks!

Hallelujah! Thank you!

Hello Thinkbox team - is there an update on 10.1.16? We are looking to roll out max 2022 here soon but unfortunately as usual Deadline is the only plugin not yet ready for 2022 and it’s of course totally essential in our workflow like everyone else. Thanks.

1 Like

On April 28, I said “Likely next month”.
The month is not over yet :slight_smile:
And “likely” does not imply a specific date either…
Stay tuned!

Thanks for the update. But really, I think 2 full months+ to update Deadline for a new 3ds max release is far too long and I know I’m not alone in feeling that… We’d never update to a new max version until at least one hotfix/SP has been released for it, for obvious production workflow reasons, but at this point 2022 has been out for ages and has already had one hotfix, and literally all other major industry plugins have been updated many weeks/months ago for compatibility…

1 Like

Do the AWS team have access to the beta versions of Autodesk products? This should give them even more time to get ahead of the release

Apparently not! Another week has gone by, and so has May… any news, Bobo?

1 Like

OK, I was off by a week. But I never claimed a specific data, so I wasn’t technically wrong :wink:

https://docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/products/deadline/10.1/1_User%20Manual/manual/release-notes.html

Deadline 10.1.16.6

This release adds support for 3ds Max 2022, Maya 2022, After Effects 2021, Cinema 4D S24 and Nuke 13. It also adds Amazon DocumentDB as an alternative database choice when installing the Deadline Repository. Various bug fixes and minor improvements are included in this release as well.

2 Likes

Thank you! Honestly, if you’re able to look at your process for next year’s release it would be welcome by all your customers in a 3ds max environment, I’m sure.

2 Likes

So, I tried updating my Deadline client to 10.1.16 but that made no difference from 10.1.15: I can upload jobs to the repo, but they will fail to run. Is that because the repository needs to be updated too for the Max2022 stuff to work?

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences