AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

It is that time again. Please prepare for 3dsMax 2022

thanks! thanks! thanks!

Hallelujah! Thank you!

Hello Thinkbox team - is there an update on 10.1.16? We are looking to roll out max 2022 here soon but unfortunately as usual Deadline is the only plugin not yet ready for 2022 and it’s of course totally essential in our workflow like everyone else. Thanks.

1 Like

On April 28, I said “Likely next month”.
The month is not over yet :slight_smile:
And “likely” does not imply a specific date either…
Stay tuned!

Thanks for the update. But really, I think 2 full months+ to update Deadline for a new 3ds max release is far too long and I know I’m not alone in feeling that… We’d never update to a new max version until at least one hotfix/SP has been released for it, for obvious production workflow reasons, but at this point 2022 has been out for ages and has already had one hotfix, and literally all other major industry plugins have been updated many weeks/months ago for compatibility…

1 Like

Do the AWS team have access to the beta versions of Autodesk products? This should give them even more time to get ahead of the release

Apparently not! Another week has gone by, and so has May… any news, Bobo?

1 Like

OK, I was off by a week. But I never claimed a specific data, so I wasn’t technically wrong :wink:

https://docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/products/deadline/10.1/1_User%20Manual/manual/release-notes.html

Deadline 10.1.16.6

This release adds support for 3ds Max 2022, Maya 2022, After Effects 2021, Cinema 4D S24 and Nuke 13. It also adds Amazon DocumentDB as an alternative database choice when installing the Deadline Repository. Various bug fixes and minor improvements are included in this release as well.

2 Likes

Thank you! Honestly, if you’re able to look at your process for next year’s release it would be welcome by all your customers in a 3ds max environment, I’m sure.

2 Likes

So, I tried updating my Deadline client to 10.1.16 but that made no difference from 10.1.15: I can upload jobs to the repo, but they will fail to run. Is that because the repository needs to be updated too for the Max2022 stuff to work?

yes

(I need 20 characters to reply…)
the lightning plugin mention above is in the repo

1 Like

To make it clearer:

The Repository contains ALL components required to add support for a new version of 3ds Max:

• The integration plugin script itself (3dsmax.py)
  • The compiled 3ds Max C++ plugin (lightning.dlx)
  • The updated 2022 startup .MAX scene file
  • The updated 3ds Max integrated submitter files (SMTD)
  • The updated 3ds Max Monitor submitter script

When you open the Submit To Deadline script from the Deadline menu in 3ds Max, it connects to the Repository, locates the latest submitter files there, copies them to the local drive, and loads them from there. So each time you update the Repository, you are potentially updating the integrated submission scripts without the need to reinstall anything in 3ds Max itself.

The Client contains the latest binaries for the Monitor, Worker, etc., However, the Worker has no knowledge of the 3ds Max integration, it simply loads the 3dsmax.py integration script from the Repository, which then controls what 3ds Max should load (the lightning.dlx in the plugin.ini, and the startup .MAX file).

On top of that you can enable auto-upgrading/downgrading in the Deadline Monitor > Tools (Super User Mode) > Configure Repository Options > Client Setup. When this option is on, the Client will check the Repository version when connecting to it, and will automatically upgrade to the Repository’s version (the client installer binaries are included in the Repository, too!). This means that if you enable this option, all you need to do is install the latest Repository, and all your (potentially hundreds or even thousands) clients on render nodes and workstations will install the client as soon as they detect a difference in the version. The same applies to downgrades - if you install or connect to an older version of the Repository, the clients can downgrade, too…

There are some limitations listed in the Release Notes regarding what versions break the auto-upgrade option due to changes in the Remote Connection Server.

2 Likes

Any way that we can get an installer for VRay Distributed Renderer for 2022?

1 Like

Hey all, any update on the VraySpawner / VrayDBR support for 3dsmax 2022?

Thank you :slight_smile:

Attaching also a screenshot from teh VrayDBR submitter installer that has support fo no version after 2020…

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences