AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Limit job to machine users

Hi Team, We occasionally have a problem where jobs run on workers that were launched under a machine user account without the correct access permissions.

Is there any way to limit jobs to specific machine users? The job properties can limit by machine, and a worker can dequeue by users not on a blacklist. But I can’t find a way to whitelist by machine users. Am I missing something? Thanks

1 Like

I’m looking for the same thing. Under the worker controls in the Idle detection area, theres a way you can have it run if it is NOT one of these users. Problem is if you have a lot of users, its a pain to add them all in when you should be able to just put the one user you actually want it to work on in there instead. But I think this also only works for idle detection.

I’m currently trying to hack it by using the idle detection and having it force the workers to be on 24/7, but only if its not one of the artists here at the studio, which leaves our render account to be the only one who should have workers start up.

The whole thing seems backwards though.

Also looking for the same thing! We have a bunch of users that changes yearly, and one designated render account that has permissions to access the networked drive locations. We have not found a satisfactory solution as of yet. A user whitelist seems like the obvious thing and would solve nearly all of our problems.

Is there a reason running Worker as a service under a specific account doesn’t solve this?

1 Like
Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences