AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Loading very slow

Hi,

I finally have Deadline working.
I’ve got 3 PCs with: x3 3080 ; x2 3080Ti ; x2 3080Ti

I’m using C4D R25.117, RS 3.5.10 and Deadline 10.2.0.8

Everything works fine, but I’m getting around 15 minutes of loading/preparing the scene on each frame.
Then it renders well with all GPUs working.
If I render directly from C4D it just takes that 15 minutes once at the beginning. Then it renders each frame directly.

It’s a bit frustrating losing that time on each task.

I tried following other threads with no success.
I’ve uploaded the log file in case it helps.

I hope you can help me :slight_smile:
Thanks!

Form_streamedlog.zip (14.6 KB)

check the batch option
Deadline and Cinema 4D | AWS Thinkbox.

Hey thanks for the quick answer!

I’m using Batch, check the attachment.

I’m just testing with “submit Cinema4D Scene” option and I think I’m getting a bit better results, but still slower than rendering from c4d.

Are my submit settings right?

Thanks!

No luck with “submit Cinema 4D scene”, it render faster, but without textures, ABC, and vdbs… :disappointed:

I’m getting with this setup other issues on the log (attached)

Are the paths to the textures, ABC and vdbs relative to the scene file? When you’re submitting the job with the scene file the scene file gets moved, and that’ll break relative pathing.

Yep, everything is relative… ok that’s the point.
But still getting very slow results loading each task.
Is there something I need to do?

I found the attached message on the bottom part of the submit to deadline plugin.
Maybe it’s something related?

Nope, that message isn’t related. PythonSync is the name of the folder/process used to keep the python modules used by Deadline in sync between machines.

If you take the troubleshooting guide’s steps to get a Cinema4D commandline command you can use, do you see this same slow load time? If you do, then you can avoid worrying about Deadline for the moment. If it’s not slow then Deadline should be looked at.

You could also try loading the scene on the render node, but C4D’s GUI isn’t quite the same application as the Commandline application used for rendering.

Very curious, I did the same on C4D 2023 and it looks like it works much better :man_shrugging:

I don’t know what happened, but I’m happy right now.

Thanks for the support

1 Like
Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences