AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Missing AWS Credentials

I’m trying to get the AWS Portal up and running and I keep on getting this error (from the logs): [C:\Program Files (x86)\Thinkbox\AWSPortalAssetServer\awsportalassetserverservice.py:main:37] [root] [11804] [Dummy-1] [INFO] AWS Credentials Could not be loaded. The credentials you entered during installation of Asset Server may not be valid. If this error persists, please verify your credentials and try re-installing the Asset Server. Retry in 10 seconds.

I’ve never been prompted to enter my AWS credentials for the AWSPortal user outlined here. Where do I enter the credentials?

The documentation you linked to is for Deadline 10.0. Are you installing an ancient version of Deadline? In those days, a single AWSPortal user was required. If you are installing Deadline 10.1.8 or higher, the process is now different.

There are now two sets of credentials required to deploy the AWS Portal services - an Admin User and an AWS Portal user.

You can find the relevant online docs here:

The Admin user credentials are entered in the actual installer:

The AWSPortal user credentials are supplied in the AWS Portal panel when you first open it:

If the error you posted is from the bitrockinstaller logs of the AWS Portal services installer for Deadline 10.1.8 or higher, then I suspect that the credentials you supplied to the installer were incorrect - it is possible that you used the AWSPortal user’s Access Key and Secret Access Key instead of the Admin keys.

Can you please clarify which version of Deadline you are deploying? If it is Deadline 10.0 or 10.1 before 10.1.8 where the two-user setup was introduced, can you explain why?

If you are installing 10.1.8 or higher, please follow the current 10.1 docs linked above…

I was installing the latest version: 10.1.12.1.

I think part of the problem was that I wasn’t getting prompted when opening the AWS Portal panel - even when logging out and logging back-in (but I don’t really remember).

I ran update_credentials.py and that seemed to work. Of course, now when I go into the AWS Portal panel, I can log-out/in as expected.

Thanks for the help.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences