AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

New Deadline plugin submitter installer issues

Hi All,

Running the latest submitter installers for Maya, Nuke and Houdini I notice there are new features to install from the local repo or latest bundle, as well as installing per user or for all users.

I’m finding the ‘All Users’ aren’t working for me, maybe this is a new Nuke / Houdini option I’ve not heard of, or maybe just slipped past QC / QA

pcoip_client_bSn4X5zzxW

Could you clarify the ‘bundled’ packages? where is this bundle coming from if not the repo?
pcoip_client_k8T4RFQ2vj

Hello!

The bundled files are built into the installer itself when it’s initially built by us. They get extracted to a temp directory and then moved to the installation directory instead of being moved from the repository itself.

As for the ‘All Users’ option failing, an installer log should show us what’s going wrong. So if it’s possible could you get me one that’s failing for you?

Our client installer creates an installation log in the system’s temporary directory. On Linux and Mac OS X, this typically means the /tmp directory. On Windows, the log will be created in the user’s local temp directory, usually C:\Documents and Settings\%USERNAME%\Local Settings\Temp. The default name of the generated log file is bitrock_installer.log, but if the file already exists from a previous installation, the installer will try to create an unique filename trying bitrock_installer_[pid].log and bitrock_installer_[pid]_[uid].log where [pid] is the PID of the process and [uid] is an unique identifier. On Linux, if the /tmp directory is not writable, it will attempt to use /var/tmp, /usr/tmp and ~/tmp instead.

Log started 05/19/2021 at 13:38:03
Preferred installation mode : gtk
Trying to init installer in mode gtk
Mode gtk successfully initialized
Preparing to Install
Preparing to Install
Executing /opt/Thinkbox/Deadline10/bin/deadlinecommand.exe -GetHomeDirectory
Script exit code: 0

Script output:
 /var/lib/Thinkbox/Deadline10

Script stderr:

Adding MAYA_MODULE_PATH environment variable with value /var/lib/Thinkbox/Deadline10/submitters/Maya
Adding MAYA_MODULE_PATH environment variable with value /var/lib/Thinkbox/Deadline10/submitters/Maya
Installation completed
Log finished 05/19/2021 at 13:38:20

Neither HOUDINI_PACKAGES_DIR or MAYA_MODULE_PATH appear in the env vars or bashrc / bashprofile

Just tried the submitter from 10.1.16.6, it says it’s running 10.1.16.5

The integrated submitter still says it’s running a Nuke submitter

It fails to find the houdini18.5 folder, once manually selected it dumps out this

I was running the 10.1.15.2 submitter (with newer repo0 but that didn’t work so I updated it, will have a go at manually updating

I forgot to mention here, but we’re looking into this. I don’t have a fix at the moment, but that should just be a submitter issue and the submitter should otherwise be alright. (With this exception of course).

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences