AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

No output files saved and other strange behavior

I submitted several tasks to Deadline from Houdini / Redshift. The scene file names are identitical but they each had a different output and naming, and also some “saved” modifications each time. Only 1 out of the tasks was outputted properly. The two others did not save any of the images rendered (exploring output location would lead nowhere as the directory and file wasn’t saved out although Houdini clearly has authority to create intermediatory folders, i checked that option). Also i notice some weird namings for the output when checking the job properties in the deadline monitor. See attached pic.

Cheers,

A.

Deadline

Considering the only things different between tasks are the start and end frames specified, my best guess is that the one machine which output the file successfully had the correct access to the output directory it needed.

The big questions:

1. What Deadline version? (Always important)
  2. Was it the first task or one in the middle? Was that done on a specific machine?

Thanks,

Edwin

could be the same issue we are facing, that your renderslaves are another OS and path remapping of your Output Location is not working properly.
Only $HIP relative path will work when relying on path-remapping from out experience.

Sorry for the late reaction. If i remember well it was simply an issue with Houdini. Probably in the documentations of deadline… but who reads that stuff anyways :wink: …it’s the local output path that is wrong. Even $HIP won’t work, it is required to use $JOB and make sure to “set project” in the right location in your scene first. Then it all goes smooth…

A.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences