AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Octane Submission

Hi,

Does anybodies have success with animation render in Octane?
The submission script works but there is a problem with the output file name.
The renderer erase always the same file, no framing incrementation and no passes name.

How can we said to deadline to take the names of passes and framing in the outputfile name?
When we use batch rendering in Octane, the filename template is %n_%p_%f.%e
So we have for example: Render target_Beauty_1.png…

I hope someone can give us a solution!

Thanks a lot
Dorian

Hi Dorain,

Can I check your submission settings in the Monitor submitter UI as shown here:
docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/produc … octane.png
docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/produc … ctane.html

Did you have “Single Frame Job” unchecked for your animation job? Could you share your submission settings as a screen-grab?

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your answer.
So this our submission settings.
For sure, we don’t check Single Frame Job.

For example, if we put a name for the outputfile (ex: U:/MAT/2015_14_08/test.png), deadline overwrite always test.png.
It’s comprehensive but I don’t understand what we have to type here to have the render passes names correct wtih framing.

Thanks!
Dorian

Hi,
ok, it looks like Octane has really moved on in recent times and a few new features are available (Batch Rendering, Master-Slave mode) since we introduced the Octane plugin into Deadline. So, the token replacement %n_%p_%f.%e isn’t currently supported in Deadline and looking at our code, we are expecting the *.ocs file you enter in the “Octane Scene File” to contain a frame number perhaps with some padding, such as “Test0001.ocs”. This explains why your Test.ocs file is constantly being overwritten with test.png. If you enter a scene file name with some frame padding, it should work. I;m going to make some notes on various features we should look at adding to our wishlist for a future version. Any thoughts on anything you would love to see here?

Ok, I tried it with test0001.ocs
It’s make an error “Wong file Type” in Octane.
But effectively, in the log we see that the output file name is taking the padding of the scene (“test0000.png”)

Have you got an idea?

Another thing is the render passes.
Does deadline can render the other passes (beauty, reflection…) of the render target?
because for the moment it looks like render just the main pass.

Thank a lot
Dorian

The exit code 100 looks like an Octane render error.
In our Monitor submitter, when you browse and select an *.ocs file, we parse this file and populate the “Render Target” drop-down list with any nodes in your Octane XML file which are a “rendertarget”. Do you have an test/demo XML file you can share? I think we will need to see if it’s possible to add support for rendering multiple render targets in the future.

+1 for multiple render targets

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences