AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Passing additional parameters while using SMTD

Hi, we have previously discussed the parameters passed by SMTD, but there is something I do not understand.

We would like to always have the (original) scene path that the render was submitted from, so that we can perform further processing in Deadline scripts. I understand that from Max, other options would pass in the scene path, but if the scene is copied as an auxiliary file, it will not.

Most other submitters do pass this path in the job parameters.
Is it possible to somehow pass a scripted additional parameter when submitting with vanilla SMTD? I know about the extra job options fields, but they can only contain constants.

There isn’t something like a pre-submit hook, right? I see there is a field for maxscript to execute after submission.

If none of this works, I will just create another script which injects the path somewhere in SMTDSettings and opens up the normal SMTD dialog.

There is no pre-submit hook at this time. You can use maxscript to set extra info values where you want them.

SMTDSettings.ExtraInfo0 =

You could also setup Custom Extra Info Controls as outlined in this document below.

https://docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/products/deadline/10.0/1_User%20Manual/manual/app-3ds-max-smtd-advanced.html#custom-extra-info-controls

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences