AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Progress missing in the Monitor for 3DS Max with Corona

Hey guys

do you have any clue why progress bar is not moving in deadline monitor? on slave pc I can see the progress but on monitor no

also I am having issues - when finished the job right before render output would save, slave job crashes. Same happens when I try to save image during rendering

Hmm. That’s odd. The “Progress” label in Deadline Slave is updating but there’s nothing in the Monitor?

Can you send some screenshots? You can paste them right in here.

It looks like we’re not calculating the progress properly. You can see the progress in the “plugin status” but the “progress” label just above it shows “0%”.

Can you grab the Deadline version you’re on from the “help” menu in the Slave? I’m looking for both the four digit client version but also the Repository version.

If you’re able to, could you run a test job you’d be comfortable sharing the whole log? We need some of those progress lines from the job report, but the log would also show what render plugin and version you’re using.

1 Like

Hey

sure here is full log from test job https://we.tl/t-QYiBrdA0g4

here is my deadline version

Deadline Client Version: 10.0.20.2 Release (12de851eb)
FranticX Client Version: 2.4.0.0 Release (7491b53fb)

Thanks a lot

Great! Thanks for the links and logs (our forum bot marked them as spam, but hopefully that’ll settle in 24 hours).

I did some digging, and for the moment we have two progress mechanisms in the “3dsmax” plugin. The first is driven by some output from FumeFX to the log. The primary way we’re logging progress seems to be through he Max C++ API. I can’t quite see how our code is being called and I have to assume it’s some registration into Max itself that I’m unfamiliar with.

One thing I was hoping to get from this is what was generating the progress reporting. What plugin was this? Were you performing a sim or rendering, and in either case, what plugin was doing the work?

Thanks!

Hi

I was rendering still imagery with Corona Renderer, no sims :slight_smile:

Huh. Looks like we have a dev issue for that one already. I’ll add you as a +1 on that one and they’ll take a look. No promises on getting this done soon, but if more users report it I can make a stronger case.

1 Like

I have the same issue as OP.
Deadline ver: 10.0.21.5
Corona 2 (latest build)
3ds max 2016 - 2018

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences