AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Redshift Maya render significantly longer through Deadline

I’ve just gone through a reinstall of Deadline 10.1.23.6 on a fresh Windows 10 install. Currently using a single RTX 3090 and submitted a 240 frame turntable sequence. Render time for a single frame in Maya using Redshift Render View takes 15.29s. The same frame takes 6 minutes submitted through Deadline. I’ve used the defaults in Deadline, and also tried Render Options\Additional Frame Options and selected “Submit Maya Scene File” and get the exact same results. Any ideas on what could be causing the discrepancy?

My machine is an AMD 3970X Threadripper with 64GB RAM and a single RTX 3090. Maya 2023.1 and Redshift version 3.5.04

I should also mention that I tried to do as vanilla an install as necessary. I’ve always ran into issues with certificates, and not being able to connect to the repository. So this time, i didn’t use any certificates, and set my machine as the repository. This is always confusing for us single individual studios.

I have a log file to share, but can’t seem to upload it here.

1 Like

I have the same problem…

Maybe worth looking at this thread someone posted about adjusting process priority. Although this relates to cpu process which i guess would not be the case for a gpu process.

It sounds like you are running your deadline worker on the same workstation you are using maya etc. Have you monitors the difference in cpu/gpu usage when deadline render is running?

Hello Kazim

I need to take a look at the log file, please remove any personal information from the paths and share an example job report. Did you also take a look at richardlevene’s response?. Here is how to get to the job reports.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences