AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Request: Cinema 4D R23 Submission Plugin

Hi.
Any chanse you could update the C4D submitter/plugin to support R23?

Regards
Bonsak

1 Like

It’s just clicked for me that the new releases are named after the months

10.1.9 September
10.1.10 October
10.1.11 November

Does this mean there’ll be no update till December? and possibly no update for Cinema4D anyway?

It’s a little bit disappointing when there’s a bunch of people on here trying to do the work and piece together this plugin, be nice to see some info or update from Thinkbox?

There is a C4D dev on this forum, if there’s an issue getting the plugin updated maybe they can help?

+1 for official R23; the team wants to update, but we don’t want to hack the process & run into bugs at a bad moment.

Hi Everyone,

We are still waiting for Deadline to support Cinema 4D R23 officially, but I have some patched files to an unofficial support for Cinema 4D R23. Make a backup of your:

1. DeadlineRepository10\plugins\Cinema4D
  2. DeadlineRepository10\plugins\Cinema4DBatch
  3. DeadlineRepository10\scripts\Submission\Cinema4DSubmission.py
  4. DeadlineRepository10\submission\Cinema4D

And replace those folder and file with the ones in the attachments.

You may have to do a manual installation for the Integrated Submitter. Here is the documentation: (https://docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/products/deadline/10.1/1_User%20Manual/manual/app-cinema-4d.html#manual-installation)

DeadlineRepository10.tar (395.5 KB)

3 Likes

To speak about the quality of this plugin: It has gone through proper review and is staged for release with 10.1.12.

The dates to the service pack count is an unexpected coincidence I hadn’t noticed. We just number from 0 to X until the next minor bump.

3 Likes

I guess the review process wasn’t that thorough as the Cinema4Dbatch repository plugin is missing the R23 path config. Will manually add it.

wtf Thinkbox, please release this, i refuse to believe is that hard do update this plugin,

Thanks alot. This saved me today.

-b

@Cesar_Antonio_Carval Releasing application support is unfortunately tied to everything built into Deadline which includes release testing.

1 Like

giphy (1)

2 Likes

The Submitter scripts for R23 works fine.
The main issue now is that, the R23 looks like has a bug where Commandline.exe cant find third party renderers, so its not possible to render with Redshift/Octane/Arnold etc anyway.

Submitted support ticket to Maxon about this, will see what they say.

Have you tested that on command line without Deadline?

10.1.12.1 is released with R23 support :smiley:

Cinema 4D

• Added support for Cinema 4D R23.

https://docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/products/deadline/10.1/1_User%20Manual/manual/release-notes.html#

Yeah, thats R23 Commandline.exe bug
Maxon replied me with a workaround:
https://support.maxon.net/kb/faq.php?id=115&lang=en_US

But I havent tested this yet.

1 Like

interested to see whether Deadline takes care of this automatically

R23 - plug-ins not found in CommandLine Render

Unfortunately we have a bug in R23 Commandline Render (CLR) finding the default plugin folder.

To fix this, you can do the following:

1. Please manually set the plugins folder path in GUI Cinema 4d on the same machine (see the screenshot below) Edit > Preferences > Plugins > Search Paths
  2. Open the preferences folder (by clicking on the button at the bottom left), copy the plugins.json
  3. Navigate one folder up, then go into the “sibling folder”, so the almost same name as the R23 prefs, but with _x suffix – it’s the prefs of the CLR instance. CLR must have started at least once before in order to have created the folder.
  4. Paste the plugins.json there.

https://support.maxon.net/kb/faq.php?id=115&lang=en_US

At the bottom of the page, it says “Last Updated 3 Months ago” …?!? I thought Maxon had a bug fix in the interim?

I don’t expect Deadline is going to help for that bug.

1 Like

yeah, I didn’t think so, a bit like the CLR licensing issue which isn’t really a Thinkbox problem either.

Maybe this needs to be in the install docs for the C4D integrated submitter, and maybe added as a warning message for the installer itself

I understands thats not Deadlines fault. But this directly impacts Deadline usage.
I just posted this here in case someone finds that useful, I spent like 1-2h debugging this and submitting ticket for Maxon.

2 Likes

Just a note for anyone else setting this up: be sure to manually select both the C: Drive plugins folder and the Preferences plugin folder when setting the search path in GUI Cinema (and before copy/pasting the json file), otherwise you won’t be able to render XP or any other preferences based plugins over Deadline either.

1 Like

Is anyone using the new plugin submitting from Windows 10 to Linux render nodes using C4D with Redshift (or any render) plugin?

@eamsler @Justin_B has this been tested?

Having issues, and have done the json files as Luke found but getting errors still, works fine in CLI but not through Deadline

2020-12-14 16:36:21:  0: STDOUT: Warning! Unknown arguments:  -noopengl -DeadlineConnect 42011 597720900779 '/var/lib/Thinkbox/Deadline10/workers/GPU-01-A/jobsData/5fd78a7921f71e1bb0a7dad7/importTest_tempQUpwv0/importCheck.txt'
2020-12-14 16:36:23:  0: STDOUT: Warning! Unknown arguments:  -noopengl -DeadlineConnect 42011 597720900779 '/var/lib/Thinkbox/Deadline10/workers/GPU-01-A/jobsData/5fd78a7921f71e1bb0a7dad7/importTest_tempQUpwv0/importCheck.txt'C4D END
2020-12-14 16:36:24:  0: WARNING: Monitored managed process Cinema4DProcess is no longer running
Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences