AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Run python on specified task completion

Hey,

I am just wondering if there is a way to run a piece of code on the completion of a specific task as specified by Job ID and Task ID. I am aware of the on JobPostTaskScript but this is a generic change for all tasks in a job and not just specific ones.

Cheers,
Stephen

Hello

Thanks for reaching out. There isn’t a built-in way to do that. The script will attach to every task. The way to workaround might be to have a little condition like if (something about this task): do the thing at the top of the task script.

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. The problem I’m trying to solve is: disabling a child worker (using CPU/GPU affinities to “split” one worker into two less powerful ones) on a generic job, so I don’t think that specifics about the job will work. It’s intended so that its parent worker (the fusion of two child workers) can then be used to run a job that requires more resources. Is there a better way to achieve this? It’s a bit backwards as I have to select a parent to run the job then disable the children so I can enable the parent, rather than it offering itself up. I should be able to achieve a similar thing through setting the extra job information with specific information about the machine to disable, and using the post task script to read it back.
Cheers and thanks,
Stephen

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences