Slave error on startup

I get the following error when starting a slave. I’m still in setup phase and started the slave from same computer running monitor and repository.

Thanks,

Chance

Hey Chance, we dug into this one and it looks like if you have web forwarding in the UBL section of the Repository options enabled this can fail:

A very small number of people need that feature, so most should have it turned off. We’ll get this one fixed though.

Thanks Edwin, I disabled the web forwarding and the slave started up.

My goal is to use my (5) Arnold license on AWS does this mean if the web forwarding is enabled I can’t use the same machine as a slave? Also, I never set up certificates for web forwarding…just read about this in the documentation. Where is the certificate utility located? [file:///C:/Users/Chance%20Norris/Desktop/Deadline-10.0.23.4-User-Manual/manual/licensing-web-forwarding.html#licensing-web-forwarding-ref-label](file:///C:/Users/Chance%20Norris/Desktop/Deadline-10.0.23.4-User-Manual/manual/licensing-web-forwarding.html#licensing-web-forwarding-ref-label)

Thanks,

Chance

I successfully rendered on the workstation running repository / database with Maya/Arnold. Now I moved on to a second workstation and installed monitor / slave. The slave shows up in Monitor but will not start rendering jobs. I checked the job reports and it displayed this message;

Error: Could not find report log: C:\DeadlineRepository10\reports\jobs\74\b\5c075f693852ac054cedf74b\5c08ad72c8b9a604045751dc.bz2

Getting closer! Thanks,

Chance

Does each machine on the farm need to have the same user account? In the example above each machine has a different user name…which could be the problem.

Thanks,

Chance