AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Slave Scheduling Options

Hi there,

Was wondering if anyone could shed some light on a scheduling query of mine. I’ve been trawling through some documentation and trying to find the means changing a part of how the Slave scheduling works but haven’t managed to find what I was looking for.
As this page indicates; https://docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/products/deadline/10.0/1_User%20Manual/manual/slave-schedule.html
The Deadline Slave offers an opportunity to delay the Slave with a pop-up that only appears for 30 seconds. I’ve been having issues where this pop-up is not noticed by Artists, or they click elsewhere, hiding the pop-up, without actually noticing. And thus the slave consistently attempts to stay running.
I was wondering if there was a means of adjusting this 30 seconds to be longer, I’d been looking through ini file documentation but haven’t found anything that could help, but perhaps I’m looking in the wrong direction.
It would also be nice if this pop-up could be assigned to stay ‘Always On Top’ so that it is never hidden until an option is selected or the timer runs out, but I’m sure that’s much more difficult to implement.
We’re using Deadline 10.0.16.6 on our current production

Thanks,
Potema

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences