AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Slow Motion Particles

Ah, so you could use the velocity to tweak the interpolation… Yeah, that would be difficult to edit, but would be extra flexibility.

Request to PrimeFocus:
Could we get the option of turning interpolation on or off? Even with 60,000 subframes saved for a 700framerange, Martin and I cant slow down the timeframe. After setting up a nice curve in Max, we export Realfow particles and in RF the particles are just jiterring, even though we saved out 200ticks per frame which would give us enough information to slow down time of simulation accordingly.

I don’t understand the steps. What do you mean by 200 ticks per frame?

with bobos script we can save out particle subframes, so i try to use them to slow down time smoothly and not have to deal with the stuttering problem, but it seems that the interpolation is getting in the way somehow, or am i doing something wrong?

What is the best method to accomplish this now here 10 years after?

I would like to interpolate/slo-mo particles captured with Azure Kinect at 30 fps - to at least double that or more… I’ve tried doing it with TyFlow, but didn’t get quite the smooth result I am aiming for + it would probably be a lot faster to do it directly with Krakatoa and Magma or something…

Cheers, Martin

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences