AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

SMTD Stereo Camera Jobs

Hi Nick,

Terribly sorry for the new bug :blush: , and thank you for reporting it!
Can you please make the following changes and try again?

• Navigate to your Repository\submission\3dsmax\Main\ folder
  • Open the file SubmitMaxToDeadline_Functions.ms for editing
  • Navigate to the offending line and change it to this:
local theIndex = findItem mapList (toLower (theValue as string))
  • Save the file.
  • Reopen SMTD on your workstation.

I have made this change internally and will commit it so it becomes part of future builds. Once again, sorry for the inconvenience!

Note that the Sticky Settings and Defaults logic has changed significantly in Deadline 10. The Defaults and Sticky Settings only apply to NEW scenes (either existing scenes that have not been submitted to Deadline yet, or actual new scenes you just created). If you open the SMTD UI and then save a MAX file to disk, even if you don’t submit the scene to Deadline, the active SMTD settings will be stored with the MAX file, and will be restored next time the scene is loaded, even if it is years later. This ensures that you can pass MAX scenes between users, and all relevant Deadline settings will stick with the scene, making it significantly easier to resubmit without guessing what the right values would be. Of course, we offer tools under the File menu of SMTD to reset the settings to the startup defaults. This makes it is easy to force an existing scene to appear as new, with all the current Stickiness and Defaults taking over, as well as revert back to some or all of the latest MAX file settings in case you modified or reset the SMTD settings, and decided it was a mistake.
We believe the new system is significantly more user-friendly, but please feel free to let us know if it does not behave the way you expect it to.
An additional INI file lets you exclude any setting from scene storage, so it is technically possible to set up Deadline 10 to behave like earlier versions. But it would be a step backwards…

Hi Bobo,

That’s great thanks! Working as expected again now, I appreciate the quick fix. :smiley:

Sounds useful to keep the settings saved and I see you’ve implemented a few other things as well so i’ll have a look at that.

Thanks

Nick

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences