AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

tasks continually restarting

Thanks for checking that. I’m really stumped why this would be happening, and I’m asking a few of my colleagues if they have any ideas.

On machines where where this problem is occurring, did they ever have an older version of Deadline 7 installed on them (specifically, versions from the 7.0 beta before 7.0 was released)? Or was 7.0.2 installed clean on them? If the former is the case, can you try running the 7.2.0.3 client installer on a machine that exhibits this behavior, and then do a reboot to see if the problem persists?

After talking to Edwin here, it turns out that our deadline launcher service script was returning incorrect exit codes in some cases, which could be causing the behaviour you’re seeing. We’ve already fixed this for the upcoming 7.1 release, and beta testing for 7.1 will likely start next week so you can test it out.

Cheers,
Ryan

Ok,

This turned out to be a problem that we created ourselves - the deadline launcher was being started in the profiles script, and also as a service.

Glad to hear you were able to figure it out. On a positive note, this led us to discover issues in our launcher service script which have now been fixed in 7.1. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Ryan

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences