AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

UBL Licensing Credit / Communication Error

I am getting the following error and cannot figure out why it isn’t working. UBL, using the same machine config, was working prior. We only did a simple update of the repository and clients to the latest version. This is from the log of a local render node. We have credit in the account and the license forwarder is showing as online within the monitor.

2018-11-26 15:19:16: Licensing Error: Not enough credit for deadline-redshift

2018-11-26 15:19:16: [1,7de,9,0[74000008,7,110001d0]] Generic communications error.

2018-11-26 15:19:16: [1,7de,9,0[75000001,7,300101b5]] General data transfer failure. Couldn’t connect to server , Not enough credit for deadline-redshift,

2018-11-26 15:19:16: Could not checkout UBL credits for limit "redshift ubl render".

"General data transfer failure. Couldn’t connect to server " is the real error here. The others are complaining that the virtual “bucket” it tried to fill is now empty.

I dug into the error in our ticket system and historically, it’s been an upstream problem. I’ll raise this internally here and see what’s happening. Can you call us at +1-866-419-0283 ext 2 and we’ll try and figure this out?

These are the steps I do to troubleshoot third party UBL

#1 - Are the UBL Settings for the Repository setup, Tools > Configure Repository Options > Usage Based Licensing? Web Forwarding should be disabled by default, only enable if you are specifically trying to use the Web Forwarding functionality.

https://docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/products/deadline/10.0/1_User%20Manual/manual/licensing-usage-based.html#configuring-deadline

#2 - Were the Limits created? View > New Panel > Limits.

#3 - Were the Limits added to the Job? Right click job > Modify Properties > Limits.

#4 - Were the Certs uploaded to S3? (AWS Portal Specific)

#5 - Check the Slave logs for errors

#6 - Enable License Forwarder verbosity and re-create the issue. Tools > Configure Repository Options > Application Data

#7 - Check the License Forwarder logs for errors

Slave and License Forwarder are application logs. Find their logs on their respective machines.

https://docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/products/deadline/10.0/1_User%20Manual/manual/logs.html#application-logs

1 Like

Web forwarding was indeed on. Turned it off and it works now, thanks.

I’m now going to attempt getting it working with AWS so I may (probably will) return. :wink:

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences