AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Use of python26.dll conflicts

Hi all. I’m attempting to use one of the sample Draft scripts to spit out a Quicktime and I keep receiving this error:

ImportError: Module use of python26.dll conflicts with this version of Python.

I believe it’s due to the fact that I have Python 2.6 and 2.7 on my machines. Any thoughts on how I could resolve this? I’m not a Python guy so please bear with me.

Thanks!

Vaughn

Hi Vaughn,

To make sure Draft runs properly, you need to use Python 2.7.8 (shipped with Deadline 7 and Deadline 8). I’m guessing you have Deadline installed on your machine? If so, have you tried using the submit Draft Script from the Deadline Monitor (in Submit->Processing->Draft Submission)? All you need to do is to enter the path of the script you want to execute in the Draft Script field and fill any other fields you might need.

Alternatively, if you want to use Draft from the command line, you can follow the instructions here: docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/produc … draft.html in the section “Draft Standalone”. For instance, on Windows, you would do something like:

C:“Program Files”\Thinkbox\Deadline7\bin\dpython.exe your\path\to\Draft\Script\encode_to_MOV_MJPEG_1080p

Note that you can substitute the path to Deadline Python in the above command with the path to your own python.exe (as long as it’s the correct version).

Please, let me know if you run into any issue.

Kind regards,

Julie

Thanks Julie. I do have Deadline 7.2 installed and I’m attempting to setup Draft scripts from within the Monitor that will run once our frame sequences are rendered. I keep running into that ImportError though and I can’t quite seem to sort out why I’m getting it.

Any thoughts?

V

Hi there,

It seems like we’ll have to investigate further. Deadline 7.2 should pick up Python 2.7.8…

Would it be possible for you to open a ticket here: support.thinkboxsoftware.com/ ?

Also, can you specify in your ticket on which OS you are running Deadline 7.2 and can you attach the job report of the job that fails (error log)? Then our support team will be able to help you faster.

Thank you!

Julie

Thank Julie, I’ve opened a ticket. I’ll report back with the resolution.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences