AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Display issues

We are having really terrible display issues on all of our boxx machines due to deadline monitor. It will happen at random times and only when running the monitor. It will either go all black and you have to drag stuff around to refresh it or it will like "tear" the image to form duplicates. I have updated all the drivers and directx and all that fun stuff and its still happening. Any idea? We are all running NVIDIA Quadro FX 3450 Cards.

http://partiallyfrozen.com/images/deadlineerrors.jpg

Please let me know if there is a patch or an update

Well after much scrutiny, we think we finally are on to something. We had our auto-refresh rate set to about 15 seconds. This seems to cause these display issues after about three hours of runtime. The fix was simple. We increased our refresh time to one hour. Now things look fine.

I wonder if there is some sort of cache when deadline monitor refreshes that screws up somehow.

take care,

chad from somersault

I think we have finally figured out this bug. Whenever the Monitor was refreshing the submit menu list, it was recreating the menu items everytime. What it was not doing was freeing the object that contains the Icon for the menu item.

This caused the Monitor’s GDI object count to grow quickly and eventually reach the limit of 9999, which is more than likely the cause for your display issues. I’m sure you could view this for your self in the Task Manager - just add the GDI object column and watch the number climb everytime you hit refresh.

Now that you aren’t refreshing the Monitor every 15 seconds, it will take a longer time for that limit of 9999 to be reached.

The problem will now be fixed in the next release of Deadline.

Cheers,

• Ryan

We have a similar refresh bug here. In this order, if you:

-Change the user
-Switch to another app (alt-tab) and back

the Slaves Panel go black where the other window was hiding it. We need to hit refresh or close/re-open the slaves tab (refresh at this time) to see it go.

Patrick Piché
3D TD at Hybride

I have a feeling this is related to your other problem. We’ve received

some error reports about this, so we’ll go through them and see if we

can figure out what’s going on. Just out of curiosity, which version did

you to 2.7.21978 upgrade from? That might help.

Cheers,

I think I’ve figured this one out. The problem only seems to occur when

there are disabled slaves in the slave list. Everything seemed to work

fine when there were no disabled slaves, then as soon as I disabled one

and changed the user in the drop down box, the monitor reported an error

and the slave list went black. I’ve already located and fixed the

problem, which will be included with the next release.

Thanks for helping us detect this bug, and we apologize for the

inconvenience.

Cheers,

Thanks Ryan,

Our last version we updated from is 2.6.24779

Thanks again for your fast feedback!

Patrick Piché

3D TD at Hybride

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences