AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Dependencies

Hi, we are experienceing lots of problems with dependencies rencently.

The ScanJobRepositoryPercentage is set to 90 but there are meny dependent jobs that still don’t start when the first job is complete. I wait an hour or so to make sure and it never starts.

I think It might be caused by having too many jobs in the repository. I currently have 421 jobs in the repository, 340 of them completed.

From these jobs, 112 of them are dependant jobs.

I just asked that users delete all completed jobs and I will see how it reacts. But I wanted to post this to know if anyone experienced the same behavior.

Thanks

Sylvain Berger | Technical Director | Alpha Vision

Hi Sylvain,

There is a rare chance that a locked file on the repository can cause the Job Scan to not be performed. Slaves will only perform the job scan when they can get a lock on this file, so if it is locked indefinitely (by a crashed slave, for example), the job scan will never occur until that lock is released.

This can be done by opening up the control panel on the repository machine and selecting Administrative Tools. Then, open Computer Management and select Shared Folders -> Open Files in the tree view on the left. In the Open Files list on the right, look for …\your\repository\jobs\JobRepositoryScan.lock. If you find this file, right-click on it and select “Close Open File”. This will force the lock on the file to be released, and will allow the slaves to perform job scans again.

Hopefully this is the cause and the solution to your problem! Let us know if it helps.

Cheers,

Ryan Russell

Frantic Films Software

http://software.franticfilms.com/

(204)949-0070

Thanks for the information. It is good to know.

Like I said I deleted a lot of completed jobs and the dependencies started working again. This might have force the JobRepositoryScan.lock to be released.

Anyway, if the problem comes up again i’ll know where to look.

Sylvain Berger | Technical Director | Alpha Vision

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences