AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

After Effects 7.0 "no comp found"

Hello, I am getting the following error with many of my after effects submissions:

---------------------------------------------

0: STDOUT: aerender ERROR: No comp was found with the given name.

0: INFO: Process return code: 7

Scheduler Thread - Render Thread 0 threw an error:

Scheduler Thread - Exception during render: Renderer returned non-zero error code, 7

---------------------------------------------

I have double checked that the comp name:

1. Exists
  2. Is in the render queue
  3. Is entered correctly in deadline
  4. Renamed the comp to something simple like “comp” and resubmitted to deadline.
  5. Used the submission script in AE, and submitted manually through the monitor.
  6. compared failed jobs to sucessful jobs to see any discrepancies

And it still always throws this error across every slave. I cannot figure out why.

help! :slight_smile:

Hey Steven,

Can you post the entire log for a particular task that reported this issue. I want to check the command line being passed to After Effects to see if anything screwy is going on.

Also, how many comps do you have in the render queue? If there is more than one, try removing all the comps except the one that you want to render and see if that helps.

Thanks,

Ryan Russell

Frantic Films Software

http://software.franticfilms.com/

(204)949-0070

Yes there is only one comp in the render queue. I attached a screenshot for you.

Log Message:

BEGIN - 2006-07-07 10-52-49 - RENDERBOXX-03\render

---- July 07 2006 – 10:52 AM ----

0: Loaded job: Video%20Wall%20left.aep video screen with openning (002_050_x_59B861D6)

0: INFO: Script plugin for Deadline 2.0.18035, built Mar 8 2006 09:37:12 R

0: INFO: >> After Effects plugin for Deadline, 2006-01-27.

0: INFO: job file: c:\deadline\slave\jobsData\002_050_x_59B861D6.job

0: Plugin rendering frame(s): 300-349

0: INFO: Executable: “C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects 7.0\Support Files\aerender.exe”

0: INFO: Arguments: " -project “c:\deadline\slave\jobsData\Video Wall left.aep” -comp “video screen with openning” -output “\Raidctl3\raid_16\veeco\Temp\2nd video wall\2nd video wall_[####].png” -s 300 -e 349"

0: INFO: StartupDir: “C:\Deadline\temp”

0: INFO: UseJobObject: true

0: INFO: HideDosWindow: true

---- July 07 2006 – 10:53 AM ----

Sending cancel task command to Plugin

0: STDOUT: aerender ERROR: No comp was found with the given name.

0: INFO: Plugin received a cancel message

0: WARNING: Program “C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects 7.0\Support Files\aerender.exe” did not close cleanly. It is being terminated forcefully.

0: In the process of canceling current task: ignoring exception thrown by PluginLoader

Log Details:

Log Date/Time = Jul 07/06 10:53:29

Frames = 300-349

Slave Machine = Renderboxx-03

Slave Version = v2.0.18035 R

Plugin Name = AfterEffects

Plugin Version = 2.0.18035

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nothing seems to be wrong with the command line arguments. Can you try running the same command line that Deadline is using from a command prompt on the Slave machine? I want to at least determine if it’s an After Effects problem or a Deadline problem.

Could you also possibly post a very simple After Effects project file that reproduces the problem? We could try it out here.

Thanks!

Ryan Russell

Frantic Films Software

http://software.franticfilms.com/

(204)949-0070

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences